Retrieve the nearest address to a GeoPoint

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Hi,

I really appreciate your work that you've spent on this project. It's pretty cool. I took a look at the ReverseGeocodeRequest - Class and I noticed the "RequestRoad" - Function.

Basically, I need a function which can translate a GeoPoint into an Address (City, Postalcode, Street, maybe housenumber). Speed is not an issue, but I've got roundabout 50,000 points I need to geocode, so, yeah... Do you know any solution? Meanwhile, I keep diggin' in the SQL-dirt. :P

Apr 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Mithrandir wrote:

Hi,

I really appreciate your work that you've spent on this project. It's pretty cool. I took a look at the ReverseGeocodeRequest - Class and I noticed the "RequestRoad" - Function.

Basically, I need a function which can translate a GeoPoint into an Address (City, Postalcode, Street, maybe housenumber). Speed is not an issue, but I've got roundabout 50,000 points I need to geocode, so, yeah... Do you know any solution? Meanwhile, I keep diggin' in the SQL-dirt. :P

Hi!

Thank you, it´s very nice to hear and read from people using this piece of code, that´s motivating me to improve things :-).
The RequestRoad method is looking up the nearest road to a given Geo-Point (Lat/Long Pair). That´s easy because a road is most of the time a so called "Way" in the OpenStreetMap Data, but to detect borders (Nation, City, District) we need "Relations" the last steps in the middle of April were to import them and the work is nearly done (still a few bugs!). But after that, it woult be easy to determine and do a real "Reverse Geocoding".

Sorry to inform you about that, but it will take some more time to do this :-).

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Hi.

Sorry I can't find any information about RequestRoad. Also, I don't see any rest services in the latest version of the software.

Am I missing something?
May 28, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Hi Chriz,
Thank you for your efforts, it is really nice work you have done.

1-) We have imported OSM data using OSM2MSSQL. But we received an error while creating relations. Does this error have something to do with the bug you mentioned above?

2-) If so, when do you think this function will be available?

3-) What is this RequestRoad function?

Thank you very much.

Baris