Are TagType numbers really part of the OSM standard?

Apr 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Am I reading the code correctly, that the tag type numbers correspond only to your TagType enumeration type?  I did not find anything on the features map page stating anything about tag keys being mapped to numbers.

Is it also true that any tags not in your TagType enumeration become undefined and that tag information is lost (ie not inserted into the database). 

Any suggestion how to obtain the mapping between tag type keys and the database tag type value so queries can be done against tags from other applications?

Apr 29, 2012 at 8:28 AM
nabramovitz wrote:

Am I reading the code correctly, that the tag type numbers correspond only to your TagType enumeration type?  I did not find anything on the features map page stating anything about tag keys being mapped to numbers.

Is it also true that any tags not in your TagType enumeration become undefined and that tag information is lost (ie not inserted into the database). 

Any suggestion how to obtain the mapping between tag type keys and the database tag type value so queries can be done against tags from other applications?

Hi!

Yes you are alright, i´m parsing the values to the TagType enumeration,
and as longer as i develope this project (and working together with people out of the community) i´m thinking more and more, that this is NOT good :-).

Hopefully i will change this as soon as possible...

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Thank you for responding and considering making this type of change.