osm2mssql - Web Application

Feb 17, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Hi Chris / All,

I have downloaded the source code, I used MSBuild script to build the project in Windows 2008 R2, I also have SQL Server 2008 R2 installed. The application imported England OSM from geofabrik with success. Great work!

I then created a new empty ASP.NET project in Visual Studio 2012 Express Web Developer and went through importing the Web Application file structure. After resolving a number of issues with missing Assemblies and Copy Local for IIS Express and an incompatibilty issue with Internet Explorer 8 I got the Web Application up and running.

My questions are (as I am still a little new to geocoding etc and I am getting an understanding of how the Web Application should work) is, it seems like selecting the Name from the drop down list (which is the SelectedTagTyp and which I believe refers to the tTagType table) works fine for cities in England, I also see that the maps are being provided by an external OSM dev link, however I don't seem to have any success with any other tags, is this simply just an example of how to use a Web Application against the imported OSM data to obtain the latitude and longitude of cities? and therefore do we have to implement any other tags ourselves? Also can you give me a clue of where to start implementing if this is the case? is there any documentation available for the Web Application?

Apologies for the questions as I am new, I would be happy to share the current / post new work, 2012 express project with you if it helps anyone,

Regards

d_a_w_g_y
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Hi d_a_w_g_y

thanks for your answer - poorly i´m the only developer of osm2mssql.
The web application is only a small example how it could be done, there is no "finished" demo-project for using the data after importing it.
Osm2mssql was concentrating more on how to import the data into the database to write custom application which are using the openstreetmap data.

If you want to contribute or share your code it would be nice if you can send me an email: mail[at]giesswein-apps.at
Feb 17, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Hi Chriz,

Thanks for the quick response!

I am following the project now so I will see what I can do, I will of course share with you anything I do,

Cheers

d_a_w_g_y